Sorts of hosting services
A hosting service involves stockpiling and/or sharing particular content on a hosting server run by a hosting supplier. There are various classes of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's take a glance at these. Thus, you can choose what you want, based on whether you'd like to have a weblog, mails, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a solution provided by given providers, which lets you share big files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage plans are frequently supported by showing ads by the download links, while a timer compels you to await a given spell of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a totally untrue interpretation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would split the tasks at hand between autonomous bunches of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving various site hosting services (mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a brand of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; certain suppliers offer a hosting service for images solely. This hosting variant is good if you would like to share a large amount of pictures with buddies or partners since the service is usually free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to handling your email addresses. Some suppliers provide web space hosting services for web pages, but do not offer an e-mail service. If you desire to manage a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to own a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can set up mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this method instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file generates a given amount of CPU load, so with a few video clips and several hundred web site visitors, you may have trouble with your web site hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will permit you to administer as many video clips as you wish without bothering about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to own a website. To some degree, it includes all of the aforementioned hosting types since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and e-mail addresses, upload videos, etc. At Exclusive Hosting, for instance, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated hosting services that allow you to have all of the aforementioned services in a single location. There may be restrictions based on the kind of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web site hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the ordinary email/file/video/image hosting packages that are tailored for particular content exclusively.